Monday, May 30, 2011

Scot for a Day

Have any of you ever been to a Scots Fest? That's where I went this Memorial weekend! I didn't even know such a thing existed until Jon told me about it. He went to the real deal in Scotland before but the OC Fair Grounds will have to do for me. It was pretty awesome to be at a place where men did the skirt-wearing! I also got to see some sheep-herding, dancing, bag-piping, harp-playing, etc.


Since it was at the fair grounds, there were animals.  Here is the crazy llama chewing!  It can really use a combing and some braces!


I also saw some piglets nursing! Funniest things ever!

I tried my hands at archery! Got some bad bruises from this.


There were lots of vendors selling Scottish related foods and apparels. I tried on a hat that reminded me of Tintin in his Scottish adventures. The lady who owned the booth was very unhappy that I took a picture in the hat and told me so. She said she only wanted people to buy her products and not take any pictures of her products. I may have well bought one if it wasn't so expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww! You're leaving me a message!