|Town Square, Rothenburg.|
I went with my parents to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany this past May. My dad was a keynote speaker at this year's Rothenburg Kongress, the largest annual European conference on Traditional Chinese Medicine. We arrived a day and a half before the conference so my dad had a chance to get over jet lag and to explore the town before lecturing for 4 days. Between talking to potential collaborators, meeting contacts, and supporting my dad at a few sessions, my mom and I managed to squeeze in 2 day-trips to nearby Bamberg and Würzburg along the Romantic Road.
When the Kongress came to an end, we packed up for a week in the Netherlands. We stayed mostly in Amsterdam with a few days in Rotterdam. The beauty of the Netherlands lie undoubtedly in its ever-changing skies and abundance of water to which light can constantly play off of. I remarked on a photo that "besides the trashy main streets, Amsterdam is just like a painting" to which a friend replied "Right?!"
We spent a total of 15 days in Europe before making our way home. Here is our itinerary and the activities we packed in. I will post on these places later and link them for whoever would read this for reference.
- Day 1// May 10, 2015 Frankfurt to Rothenburg. Rothenburg: Ramparts Walk.
- Day 2// May 11, 2015 Rothenburg. Saint Jakob's Church. Town Hall Tower.
- Day 3// May 12, 2015 Rothenburg: Castle Garden, Franciscan Church.
- Day 4// May 13, 2015 Wurzburg: Market Square, Site Residence Palace, Fortress Marienberg.
- Day 5// May 14, 2015 Rothenburg
- Day 6// May 15, 2015 Bamberg: Old Town Hall, Domplatz, Neue Resident'z Rose Garden, St. Michael's Monastery, Little Venice.
- Day 7// May 16, 2015 Taxi transfer to Frankfurt Main Station. Amsterdam Main Station.
- Day 8// May 17, 2015 Keukenhof Gardens / Zaanse Schans / Marken.
- Day 9// May 18, 2015 Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum.
- Day 10// May 19, 2015 Amsterdam to Rotterdam: Rotterdam Market, Markthal, Walk along the Nieuwe Maas River.
- Day 11// May 20, 2015 Ferry to Kinderdijk & Dordrecht.
- Day 12// May 21, 2015 Hague: Peace Palace & Mauritshius Museum. Amsterdam: Leidseplein, Flower Market, Begijnhof.
- Day 13// May 22, 2015 Kröller-Müller Museum at the De Hoge Veluwe National Park
- Day 14// May 23, 2015 Frankfurt: Ebbelwei Express, The Danube.
- Day 15// May 24, 2015 Flight to US.